My Hubbin and I

My Hubbin and I

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Rebellion

"To live in My Presence consistently, you must expose and expel your rebellious tendencies. When something interferes with your plans or desires, you tend to resent the interference. Try to become aware of each resentment, however petty it may seem. Don't push those unpleasant feelings down; instead, let them come to the surface where you can deal with them. As My Spirit to increase your awareness of resentful feelings. Bring them boldly into the Light of My Presence, so I can free you from them." -Jesus Calling (October 21, based on Psalm 139:23-24 and 1 Peter 5:6)

When I first read this I was taken aback, "I'm supposed to NOT hide those feelings?" I then decided to test this theory of letting these feelings of resentment come to the surface EVERY TIME I feel them. What a challenge! I am a very resentful person-I couldn't believe the number of times during a SINGLE day I had to stop and consciously let go of those feelings of resentment and rest in knowing that HIS ways are better than MY ways.

One of the times on the very first day I tried this was when I walked into the ball on the back of Hubbin's truck-OUCH! I immediately felt myself becoming resentful toward Hubbin (because it was his truck and because I was letting Suga' out instead of him). As soon as I caught myself it was SO EASY to let go of those feelings. It wasn't Hubbin's fault I ran into the ball (again, OUCH!), it just happened. I was so surprised to find how easy it was to let go of that resentment in that moment, yet when I harbor it (even if it is only for five minutes) I can't seem to let it go no matter how hard I try.

This lesson is one I wish I would have started learning a LONG time ago....

No comments:

Post a Comment