My Hubbin and I

My Hubbin and I

Thursday, November 18, 2010

A day in the life of a band on the road

First of all, it has truly been forever, and for that I am sorry. I have many stories to tell and many fun time to share...

I guess I will start with Jenny:

Having arrived forty-five minutes later than planned, I was concerned she would be gone. But when I drove around the corner I spotted her playing with her daughter Annie and the Nannie, Lauren, aka "LaLa." They had just got settled in, so I wasn't late at all! :) Not that it would have mattered. Jenny was super-laid back all day.

We chatted a little and then I basically followed her around for the next few hours. We went to the prayer time in the sanctuary and I watched them do sound check (which she usually doesn't do, but she did that day so her ears could be checked by the people who make their earpieces). LaLa, Annie, and I watched, and then Annie heard her Momma start to sing and ran for the stage. Jenny was so good with her-she sat on the steps to the stage and sang while playing with Annie. After reading her blog I had the sense that she was a really good Mom, but after watching her with her daughter, there is no question in my mind that she is a great Mom.

After sound check LaLa took Annie to give her a nap while Jenny and I went to Starbucks and talked for about an hour. I don't know how they live on the road so gracefully for so long. From what she was saying it is definitely not easy, and not hard to get burned out from it all either. Yet, she has such a positive outlook on it all.

They are taking a three month break starting a few days ago, so if you think of them during the next three months say a prayer for them-for rest, encouragement, and direction.

After Starbucks we returned to the church where we talked a bit longer about "churches" and security for the bands.
One of her friends from high school came, so we all ate a bit of food from the in house catering for the bands (the bands wanted nothing to do with it, lol, so there was plenty). And waited for the show to start while playing with Annie and talking.

They played their set and then we went to a little pub and got some real food! Jenny told us the story of how their band came to be, and her friend told stories of her hometown and high school reunion.

On the way back to the church Jenny rode with me and we talked about music and writing songs and seeing them come together. She agrees that watching a song come together and become finished is one of the greatest feelings EVER!

Meeting Jenny in person was like meeting an old friend. Her love is evident in the way she lives her life daily. Her priorities are evident as well, and I respect her for that (she has them right in line as they should be). It was a great day spent with a woman whom I hope will remain my blogging friend forever! {Thanks for an amazing day Jenny!}

No comments:

Post a Comment